I’m feeling stuck…again. My weight this week was exactly the same as last week. That was a little deflating but I’ll take that over having a gain. I’m going to have to be more consistent about hitting the gym and eat way more veggies and a few less carbs.
This weekend, I posted a pic of me in my Mickey Mouse leggings. Two body shots in as many weeks? I’m feeling myself! I love them and felt like I look ok in them. It’s an extremely vulnerable place to be in for me, sharing myself. I find that in my vulnerability, there is strength. Luckily, I have an amazing support system which helps when I need a bit of shoring up.
I got to visit my home town this weekend. I got to see my parents and our youngest daughter (She just turned 26 on 1/23). I miss them so much so it also makes me feel ‘full’ to see them and be around them.
I also got to see cousins and countless others I have known my entire life who’ve become ‘family’. I’m glad we have our life in the the Tri-Cities and for all the ‘framily’ (friends that are like family) we’ve gained over the past 12yrs but there’s no place like home.
I’m off to another adventure until next week.
919 South M Street, Tacoma, WA 98405; the first address that I ever learned. My mom, aunts and uncles spent some of their growing up years in this house. There have been weddings and receptions in this house. This house is where I played as a child with my cousins and friends, got into trouble and ate some of my most amazing meals. I walked to school from this house, there were times I lived in this house, my daughter spent her growing up years in this house. This house belonged to my grandmother, Geneva V. Coley (RIP). There are four generations of love and memories that came out of this house.
Although this house is no longer part of my life, the experiences and memories that I had that will live forever in my heart. I went to say goodbye to the structure and though its in a sad state, it made me smile to be standing in the front yard looking up at it.
Just me being me.
What a trying time this has been for me. Just trying to keep my head above water lately has been a lot of work. Especially in times like this, I have to say thank you for all that I have been blessed with.
1. Thank you Lord for waking me up each day to see all the beauty You’ve created.
2. I can be a little bit high maintenance and I am so thankful for Tomi who loves me through everything.
3. Family & friends who pray for me and know that I pray for them too; even when we don’t talk or see one another forever!
4. Our house! Finally there is no one living over our heads and my dog has a yard to run around in.
5. Work-Thankful for my J.O.B. and thankful for my Mary Kay business.
6. The ability to read. I have read a lot of good books lately, including my bible, and I am so thankful to have that joy.
7. Another year! So thankful that in 20 days, I get to see another birthday (Tomi’s birthday is in 15 days and I am also thankful for that).
8. DVR-I appreciate that I don’t have to be glued to the television in order to catch my favorite shows.
9. Social networks & smart phones which allow me to keep up with my friends & fam. We have busy lives that take us in all kinds of directions but a short blurb and we’re all caught up.
10. With all of its ups and downs, I am very thankful for my life.
Just being me!